How to Order Glasses Online
Here's a step-by-step guide you can follow to make buying glasses online a breeze.
1. Pick Your Frames
Narrow down the total number of frames by adjusting the filters for gender, age, price range, brand, color, material, frame type, frame shape, frame weight, and frame measurements. Once you filter the products, click a product photo to see more information. Every product page has a 360-degree view of the frame, description and measurements.
We also offer a virtual try-on option to get an idea of how they look on your face. Select either prescription lenses, no prescription (fashion) or frame only to start the customization process. If you select no prescription or frame only you can add the item directly to the cart. If you select prescription then follow the steps below.
2. Select Type of Lens & Enter Your Prescription
Select the type of lens based on your prescription and personal preferences: either single vision lenses or multifocal lenses. Enter your prescription below the lens types. If you don't have the prescription, no worries, just click Next to continue. We will get your doctor's information during checkout to confirm your prescription for you.
3. Select Lens Material
We offer multiple lens options, depending on your prescription and type of frame.
- The Standard lens is a high quality, 1.49 index CR-39 plastic lens. These lenses come treated with a scratch-resistant coating and are recommended for prescriptions between +/- 3.00.
- The Thin & Light lens is a 1.58 index, impact-resistant polycarbonate lens. These lightweight lenses are 22% thinner than our Standard lenses and come treated with a scratch-resistant coating as well as a UV-protective coating. The Thin & Light lens is recommended for kids and people with active lifestyles and those prescriptions that range between +/- 4.00.
- The Ultra Thin & Light lens is a 1.67 index, ultra-thin lens. These lightweight lenses are 33% thinner than our Standard lenses and come treated with a scratch-resistant coating as well as a UV-protective coating. It provides optimal comfort and helps strong prescriptions—from -8.00 to +6.00—look their best.
4. Choose Enhancements
- Blue Light Lenses reduce eye strain by reflecting blue light indoors and outdoors. Recommended for all ages, the Blue Light Lens is a great add-on for protection against headaches and blurred vision stemming from artificial light.
- Transitions™ Signature® lenses feature their exclusive Chromea7™ photochromic technology that darkens lenses when they’re exposed to UV light. These light-intelligent lenses automatically respond to changing light conditions to shield your eyes from dangerous rays. The lenses quickly fade back to normal when you’re out of the sunlight and are also protective against harmful blue light.
- Sun Tint enhancement turns any pair of eyeglass frames into a pair of sunglasses. With 80% opacity and 100% UV protection, the sun tint provides the true look and feel of prescription sunglasses. Adding a sun tint is the recommended sun protection option for people with progressive prescriptions.
- Anti-Reflective (AR) coating reduces blinding glare and decreases eye strain. It gives you sharper vision and is very beneficial for driving—especially at night—through any amount of adverse weather. The AR coating also eliminate reflections, which makes the lenses nearly invisible and allows people to see your eyes.
5. Review Your Selections
Now is the chance to review your selections prior to adding them to your cart. You can click the back button to make any changes. Once you are happy with your selections, add them to your cart by clicking the Add to Cart button. Select Checkout in the cart and sign in, enter your shipping address and select the shipping method. Select a patient or add a new patient and then upload your prescription. You can also send a prescription using your phone, email or fax. Then submit your payment information and we’ll start the approval process.
Unhappy with Your Selection?
With our 365-Day Happiness Guarantee, if you’re unhappy with your purchase for any reason, simply send it back and we’ll make it right. We offer free returns up to 365 days from purchase.
Call us at 1-888-264-5400 to speak to one of our trained Customer Service Representatives.