How to Clean Your Glasses
Cleaning your glasses regularly is the best way to keep them looking new and maintain good eye health. To make things easier, all of our eyeglasses come with their own lens cleaner and microfiber cloth.
Supplies: Lens cleaner and microfiber cloth.
Spray the lenses on both sides and wipe in an even, circular motion.
Supplies: Lotion-free dish soap, sink and lint-free towel.
- Wash your hands and apply a small amount of lotion-free dish soap to the glasses and rub it in.
- Rinse them under warm water.
- Dry the frames with a clean lint-free towel or microfiber cloth.
Mistakes to Avoid When Cleaning Glasses
- Don’t use paper products or clothing to clean your lenses. Paper products are too rough and clothing has dust and debris that can scratch the lenses.
- Never use household ammonia-based cleaners to clean your glasses: The chemicals will break down the protective coating on the lenses.
It is important to clean your glasses the right way to prevent scratches, smudges, and preserve any lens coatings. When you’re not wearing your glasses, store them in a protective eyeglass case to keep them safe. Avoid keeping your glasses outside or in the car on a hot day because the heat will warp the glasses frames and cause the lens coating to peel.
Properly cleaning and caring for your glasses is essential for keeping them in good condition, but we know accidents happen. Our Happiness Guarantee allows you to return or exchange your glasses within a year of purchase. Whether your lenses are scratched or you just aren’t happy with the glasses anymore, you can send them back with no questions asked!
For more cleaning and eye care supplies, check out our accessories section.